Best Cordless Irons to Comfortably Get Your Garments Looking Crisp
Wrinkles on a garment can make even the most expensive cloth look cheap and unappealing. The way you wear your clothes says a lot about who you are and putting on a pair of well-pressed pants or perfectly crisp dress sells you as an organized and impressive person. The market is full of different types of iron boxes most of which require a cord and power outlet to function. However, with the advancement of technology, best cordless irons have become popular and gotten quite a following in the fashion industry.
When most people hear of cordless iron, the picture of an iron box that’s battery powered and rechargeable like smartphone comes to mind. Well, that may be the case for some cordless travel iron boxes in the market but for most types, they have a charging system where you place them to recharge as you continue ironing. The charging base is connected to the power outlet while the appliance itself doesn’t have a cord.
What’s a Cordless Iron?
Well, you won’t be the first to think of a battery powered gadget that operates wirelessly when you hear the term cordless iron. However, the term cordless here is used to mean that the actual iron box is without a cord but to operate it needs to rest on a charging plate that is connected to a power outlet. So the plate needs to be plugged in every time you are ironing so that you can reheat the iron every time you are repositioning the garment.
Is a Cordless Iron Worth All the Hype?
The choice between a cordless iron and corded one is really a matter of personal preference. Each comes with its own benefits and disadvantages. There those who wouldn’t want any other type of iron box except a cordless one. For one, it gives you a lot of freedom as you iron whereas a corded one will limit you to a particular spot.
While a cordless iron may not generate as much steam as its corded counterpart, it gets the job done in a hustle free manner. For those that love traveling, you will find cordless irons a great option since they come in a compact, foldable design. However, if you have a huge load of clothes in the laundry basket waiting to be smoothed out, a cordless iron or clothes dryers may make your task tedious since you have to wait for it to reheat after every garment.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Cordless Iron
Here’s a number of things to keep in mind before adding that cordless iron to your shopping cart;
- Steam – There are so many aspects about steam in an iron box. You need to know whether the steam generation is variable such that you can control the amount of steam depending on the fabric you are ironing. Stubborn wrinkles need a sudden gush of steam while the vertical steam option is great for fabrics like curtains where you can iron them while hanging.
- Temperature Control – One major factor before picking an iron is the ability and ease of controlling the temperatures on the soleplate when ironing. Electronic controls are easy to operate and quickly adjust to meet the heat requirements of the garment that you are ironing.
- Soleplate – This is the under part of the iron and has to be top notch quality to avoid ruining your garment. Most are made of stainless steel which is non-stick which provides a smooth glide over your garment. Some feature vents which release steam when ironing; ensure that the iron has anti-calcification design to prevent buildup of sediments that may clog these vents.
- Water Reservoir – Ensure that you go for a transparent water tank so that you can clearly monitor the water level as you iron to prevent running out of steam. The water tank should also be easy to refill without making a mess.
- Safety – Most cordless irons comes with an auto shut off feature that automatically switches off the appliance if it’s left idle for an extended period of time. The iron should provide you with an audible sound when it goes off to assist you to ensure that it’s turned off before you leave.
Ironing doesn’t have to bore and restrictive when you have a cordless iron. You will enjoy the freedom of movement as you press your garment and the curvy designs will provide you with a smooth glide over your garment. Hopefully, this review has shed light on the best cordless iron out there that will help get rid of wrinkles without much hustle.